Irwin Fitness Seal Row
Why use a prone/seal row?
■ Seal rows take your lower back almost completely out of the equation. This allows you to place all of your focus on achieving maximum activation of the lats and mid-back muscles, and it’s also a great way to reduce lower back fatigue and “burn out” if you’re performing big compound lifts frequently throughout the week, such as squats and deadlifts.
■ Secondly, the seal row prevents the use of excessive momentum and cheating. Since your entire body will be pinned against the bench, you won’t be able to “heave” the weight up like you can on other free weight rowing movements.
■ Third, having your chin pressed against the bench ensures that you maintain a neutral neck position throughout the exercise.
This is the way that all rowing exercises should ideally be performed in order to take pressure off of the spine, but it can easily be forgotten when performing a regular bent over barbell or dumbbell row.
This unit ships fully assembled
- Made in the Canada
- Weight: 310LBs (without bar)
- Foot Print: 47" x 74"
- Length 74" (depth) / 50" (pad)
- Width 47" (overall) / 12" (pad)
- Height 42.5" (to top of pad)
- Numbered 5/8” Holes with 2” spacing
- Diamond-Tread Bolt-On Step Attachment
- Front Facing Logo Banner
- Set of Alpha Series J-cups
- Multiple Finishes Available - Sandtex Black Standard
- UHMW Protective Plastic on bottom and underneath pad support beam